Friday, March 6, 2009

Assignment #9

A DIARY OF A LOYALIST





Monday, March 13 ,1783








Dear diary,




Today was one of those kinda days that are tiring. Being a person who is loyal to the thrown is hard work. All of a sudden some Americans began bombing our town. On my way home an American asked me to join them and betray my country. I refused with confidence that my country will win. Then he pulls out a gun and I kept running and he fired but missed. Eventually I lost him and went home. I am really afraid that they might hurt my children or my wife. I will not leave my country like those cowards. That left with out asking about what is going to happen to their town or their neighbours. also some are so bad that they turned against their own country and went with the Americans. One day they will regret what they did. I am glad that I am loyal and trustworthy to my family and my country. I will fight in the war and we shall win.





The tent we are living in and calling home is getting ripped up. Also our family is becoming bigger and this tent has barley any space in it. I don't eat much because I have to make sure there is enough money for my children and wife. At night we sleep on the ground and we are squashed together. Sleeping is not an option because I always have to beaware of what is going on. The Americans come in the day and night and never leave us alone. I hope that on day this will all stop and there to be peace in the world.




0 comments: